Sunday, February 27, 2005

Epiphany

Hello, my name is Norman and I had an epiphany today.

I am 43 years old and have walked through this world incredulous at the lack of love and compassion that exists. Like many, I have wondered at the horrible things that befall both good and bad in this world and have never been able to accept the platitudes that were passed out by organized religion about how God might let these things happen.

I have been introduced to Gnostic writings by a dear friend and have begun to study them and how they relate to this world and to our place in it. This morning, I read the Gospel of Thomas and felt the strongest truth in what I was reading. For the first time, I found myself exposed to teachings that actually felt right in my heart.

I spent most of my life as an Objectivist as this seemed the only logical philosophy in a purely material world. I have avoided the spiritual, as a scientist, I always felt that religion (and God?) was a creation of man in his fear of death. I now believe that we are already dead and living in a dead world and that there is nothing for us to fear. I started this blog today to give me a way to share my journey on this new path and to find others that feel as I do. I will continue to post my thoughts and ideas and hope to find a community where this philosophy can grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home