Thursday, May 05, 2005

Movin' Out

…Anthony works in the grocery store, saving his pennies for someday – Billie Joel

If you won the lottery today, would you go to work tomorrow? This was always an easy question for me; “Of course I’d go to work, what I do is a big part of who I am.” … I’m reminded of another lyric

…but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now. – Bob Dylan

Funny trick that only as we get older do we see how full of shit so much of what we believed and based our plans on really was. If what you do (for a living) is what you are then I sure as hell don’t want to spend three hours in a waiting room with you! Maybe I was just too “brainwashed” by every message we receive every day to see how futile the whole thing really is. They say you can’t take it with you, but I’m not even sure I want to have to carry it around with me here?!

When I was in High School, we used to go out to the 28th Street Drive-In on Friday nights. Robbie Rummell would put a keg in the back of his Gremlin (that had to be one of the ugliest cars ever made) and we would smoke pot, hang out and have sex with our girlfriends in the back row…I can still see Rachel Seymour on my lap and facing me in the back seat of my old VW as we steamed the windows…some of the better memories never fade.

The movies were usually mindless crap and I doubt if we paid enough attention to remember most of them. I do, however, remember one scene from one of those films. The movie was called “Loose Shoes” and was a series of funny skits. The scene that has stayed with me my whole life follows all the troubles this one guy gets into during a normal morning. Everything bad that can happen does, but at the end of it all and even though he has nothing, he finds the few good things in life. The skit ends with our hero dressed in a tux, doing a Cab Calloway type number, outlining the things that make his life good. The hook line is…”All I really need is…tight pussy, loose shoes and a warm place to shit.” The older I get, the more profound that line is…In fact this is my philosophy of life….tight pussy, loose shoes and a warm place to shit…that’s it!

I have goals!

I have focus!

You can take your wide screen and your play station, just give me the three things that matter to me and I’m a happy man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home