Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm not alone in this room

As I walked the quad between classes, I came across a girl who was crying as she talked to someone on her cell phone. This probably would not have had much impact on me just a few years ago, not sure I even would have taken notice. I know I wouldn’t have felt the heartbreak of seeing another soul in pain that I felt tonight.

Why do we hurt each other?

I’ve spent my life wrapped up in myself, where I’m going and what I want. I’ve tried to help others as best I could, but their suffering has always been outside my experience…something foreign and distant. I’ve been comfortable and happy in my own skin. I seem to be seeing things and feeling things that didn’t intrude on my happy life before.

…not sure I like this
…hard to feel the hurt that I can’t heal
…seems like my voice is a cry in the wilderness
…I wonder at how we all became so distant from one another?
…I’m surrounded by strangers
…better just to be alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home