Friday, March 11, 2005

Carpe Deim

Seize the Moment, that's never really been my approach to life. I've always put off and planned to get to where I really wanted to be. I sometimes wonder now if the pot at the end of the rainbow was worth what I missed while I single-mindedly pursued it. I've been thinking a lot about my moments lately; my moments matter a lot more to me than they once did. That may sound like I'm clinging to something as I get older, but nothing could be further from the truth. I've come to believe that I won't be passing this way again and I seem to want to drink in the good things on my last ride.

I read a book once, a very good book, called "Tuesdays with Morrie". In this book Morrie imparts wisdom to a young friend as he goes through a long death from ALS. At one point in the book, Morrie talks to his friend about leaving no regrets, about living his life as though a little bird sat on his shoulder ready to tell him, "Today is your day to die, are you ready?" I love this philosophy and can honestly tell all of you that I'm ready to go today.

I have been blessed with some very wonderful people in my life and have certainly gotten much more than I deserved. I want you all to know I love you and thank you for your friendship, but that if I am suddenly lost to you, I will go happily and cherish what you've given me.

While we're here together, I want to have as many good memories as we can build. Nothing is more important to me than you. I hope that I show you that and that you never have to question whether I'm with you when I'm with you. I will enjoy our times together and try not to let the little things in life get in the way of what's really important - you. I'm not sure why God brought us together, but I feel blessed when I think that I rated a friend like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home