Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Unbowed

I have been studying to become a Free Mason and have found much of myself in what I am learning. I had a good friend once describe her strength in this way, “physically OK, but mentally I kick-butt!” Do I kick-butt mentally...you bet!!!

…I will never be beaten.

I can not be defeated for my strength is immeasurable.

My walls are thick and plumb and my foundation is solid.

I will stand in the face of anything and I will be here when all else has passed away

At every point on my journey, God has fitted the perfect tool to my grasp … I am dizzy with the power that flows inside me.

Do not attempt to turn me back or block my way for my steps are true and you cannot impede me.

My house is built of truth and love and it will be a refuge to those in need.

I offer you the power of unconditional love…for only through love of ourselves can we love others unconditionally.

In the desert, I am the cool water that will sustain you.

…I have felt this strength for my whole life, never really understanding the source. There is a song that I’ve heard a lot lately with a terrific hook line…”Love’s the only house big enough for all of the pain in the world.” Do I kick-butt mentally…you bet!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, Blogger Nesrina said...

Hi Norm,

Do you know how it feels when you know you can carry a heavy weight and then you do but afterwards you begin to feel the pain in your muscles, this is also applicable on the mental abilities that we have.
Sometimes it's not just you know you have the strength, our abilities can be stretched as much as we want them to and as much as we need. but it hurts afterwards...it's exhausting and letting people know you are this strong makes them take you for granted which adds to the original burden that you already have.
I am always trying to show that I am a solid person, reliable and be there for everyone but when I needed to have the same I found no one there as if I am not supposed to be weak. We are human beings sometimes we are strong and other times we are not and it is ok...

Speaking of the "unconditional love" ...this is what love is all about "unconditional" otherwise it's not love.

please keep on writing, beautiful piece and very inspiring.

All the best,
Nesreen

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Norm Shaw said...

Nesreen,

You are certainly right about all true love being unconditional, unfortunately the term is used so casually today that most don't understand it.

Thanks for your concern as well. I find that I don't feel too taken advantage of and have always gotten back what I've given...I certainly feel down sometimes, but I have found enough people with that special light inside them to help me. I think of you as a member of that constellation of stars...Thanks for being out there!

Norm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home