Sunday, March 13, 2005

Is it You?

In an earlier post, I talked about people that have that certain spark. About people that draw others to themselves and that impact our hearts as we go through our lives. What about the rest of those that we share this world with? What about those that are clearly evil and malevolent?

I wonder if there aren't many that inhabit this world that are devoid of divine spirit, that are not part of the one true light to which we are destined to return. I've enountered this idea many times before. In "Breakfast of Champions", Kurt Vonnegut throws out the concept that everyone else on the planet is programmed and we are the only being of free-will, that it's all an experiment to see how we'll react. In one of his songs, Ian Anderson writes, " Do you ever get the feeling...that everyone is on a stage and you're the only person sitting in the audience?"

I know and love the many people that have been in my life and touched my heart. I cherish and will always look for other children of the light. I hope to sow as much happiness in this world as I can and to always do my best to help others. I believe, however, that there will always be some that will not be helped. I don't believe that the God of Light holds sway over the evil people in this world. They are outside of his influence. It is for us to help those who are hurt by the evil ones, to minimize the pain and suffering that they engender.

Most religions make excuses for why God would allow evil in this world, I have never accepted their explanations. I don't look for God to make this world a better place. God lives in my heart and it is up to me to do what I can to reduce suffering in this world. I don't believe that any Hell awaits, only that those who walk through this world soulless will not enter the light (as they were never a part of the light). The only God here is us. We are here for each other and must love and care for each other as best we can. When our work here is done, and when we realize what we truly are, we will return to the light together and once more become one with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home