Friday, July 15, 2005

Thicker Than Water

They say that blood is thicker than water. I don't know where I come down on this one... I am one of the younger members of a large family (number 6 of 8). I had mentioned in an earlier post that some of my family members were like scenery during the holidays at home, but that I felt others right down to my bones.

I am spending this weekend at a cabin in the woods with my younger (and cuter) sister Barbara. What can I say... Most of the people who touch my soul come from very different backgrounds. Barb is both my heart and my history. It's especially wonderful when you connect with someone on a number of levels and you can also smile about that Viking episode from 1980.

Wine is thicker than water...Barb and I generally drink wine until we can be pretty much useless with each other. There's not a lot of people that you can enjoy being useless with...if you find one then you need to spend as much time with them as you can!!!

I don't think I could have picked a better place or time... The cabin lies deep in the woods and it's easy to forget that there's a world full of selfish and hateful people out there beyond the trees. I know that I have to return to the real world in a day or so, but I'll drink this all in as deeply as I can...

Life is a balance sheet of positives and negatives. I don't believe in hell... we are not together, as we are meant to be, and this is as close to hell as we get. I believe we get glimpses of heaven when we find that connection with each other. I get to spend this weekend in heaven...can't imagine it getting much better than that.

Love! Norm.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norm,
For some reason my comment did not get to Rick when you were here and helped me. I hope you get this. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Hope you had a good time in Ocracoke. Thanks again for this blogg. Your truley a special person and great brother. Take care see ya soon. Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home