Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Life in the Fast Lane


(a cafe in Little Italy)

I've been burning the candle at both ends....maybe a few more than just two.

I'm looking forward to a little down-time. There's not much that I really regret about getting older, but it definitely takes me a little longer to recover. I've been to New York and Washington, DC in the last two days without much sleep in between.


I find myself wondering what I enjoy most in life...sleep or good times.

When we're younger, we chase fun for all we're worth. I know I did my share of chasing...guess I caught my fair share of fun too. The last two days have been wonderful!! Friends and family and lots of good food and drink...but to sleep...

I sometimes wish I could move to that land we visit when we're sleeping. Have you ever awoke and wished you could recapture that last few minutes of some dream? There's something special about the time that we spend asleep. Some of my happiest moments have been waking up at 2 in the morning and realizing that the night is only half over and I can go back to sleep for a few more hours; some of my worst have been to wake and look at the alarm clock to see that it will go off in 5 minutes and that my night is over..."To sleep, perchance to dream...". There's no rub to it for me and if what comes after is anything like what comes each night when I nod off...I'll have a very happy afterlife!

I hope you all have as much fun as you can handle...and a good night's sleep to follow.

Best! Norm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home